Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why I Run

Especially compared to the competitive folks out there who run for PR's and to win bling at races...one might ask a gal like me...why do you run?  You are slow, you find it hard because of some health stuff...so why the hell would you do it?

Here is why I run...
  • it makes me skinnier
  • running makes me feel strong
  • because the feeling of being covered in sweat is the feeling of accompishment
  • when I am struggling like I did on that 15 mile run this weekend...but I finish it anyway...that is MINE!
  • running makes me feel good about myself in a way that a kick a** dress or new pair of shoes never could
  • hanging out with Nikki for a 30-40 minute run, 3-4 days a week, shooting the sh*t, b*tching about our jobs, our kids, our cleaning ladies, or whatever...is priceless
  • running makes me a better Mom for so many reasons. 
  • I'm a role model for Hsin becaues I run. 
  • I have more patience when I run. 
  • I am happier because I run. 
  • I have a better body image because I run. 
  • I want to inspire Hsin to run.
  • running has brought into our lives so many wonderful new people and friends. 
  • Runners are some of the coolest, nicest and most generous people I have ever met
  • getting a medal is just freaking awesome
  • I know that heart disease and obesity run in my family, and I want no parts of either
  • I love the feeling of knowing that another woman or Mom started running because she saw that I found the time and energy to do it
  • I feel proud that even after a long day at a very demanding job, running errands, picking up a kid, making dinner, straightening up the house, dealing with the 3 cats and 2 fish, and giving attention to my husband...I still find the time to go out for a run.
  • going for a run is choosing ME above all other things for at least 30-40 minutes.  As a wife, employee, mom, friend, housekeeper, pet tamer, and all around super woman...when else do I get to exclusively pick me?
  • running has given my husband and best friend in life and I a shared hobby, a shared interest, and something for us to inspire and support each other in.  Running has made us both so proud of each other for our individual achievements, even if those achievements are on VERY different levels!
  • running gives me strength, confidence, self esteem, sanity, peace, an outlet and friends.
What more reason do I need?
Why do you run?

No comments:

Post a Comment