Monday, August 1, 2011

Is Heather Going To Have To Choke A B*tch?

Well, I did it.  I finally ran my long run of 15 miles.  I finally broke the barrier of the half marathon distance and ran 15 miles!  Thank goodness that is over.

It goes down in the books though as my crappiest run ever.  It wasn't the distance.  I mean lets be real, it is only 2 miles longer than a half, which would explain if I felt like crap for the last 2 miles.  But I felt like crap for the whole damn thing.  Just wasn't my day.  Who cares when it isn't your day and you drag your a** through a 3 mile junk run.  It SO totally sucks though when it isn't your day on your long run day...and for me my LONGEST run day.  UGH!

Thankfully I had company with Nikki for the first 8.  Then I went back out for a second loop of 7 miles.  It was supposed to be another 8 to make the total 16, but I was feeling so shi*tty I cut it to 15.  The point was to break the half marathon barrier anyway, and 15 did that.  Humidity was kicking my a** and I was out of breathe more than ususal.  I needed more walk breaks than I have needed since I was a beginner...it really did suck.  But I did it.

So then I had the moment where I had to use what little physical and mental strength I had left not to choke a b*tch.

As I finished my run I passed this couple walking their dog.  They were a typical couple, looked like in their mid 40's, slightly out of shape, just shuffling along slowly with their Bassett Hound.  Lot of people walk their dogs at this park.  When I stopped running, I sat down and actually called Pauly.  I was emotional.  It was my longest run and an accomplishment, and I felt like sh*t and was hurting pretty bad.  So I was on the phone with Pauly, and happened to say to him RIGHT as these people passed, "Holy sh*t...I ran 15 miles".  I know they heard me because the guy's head kinda whipped around and looked at me.  In the running world 15 miles may not be huge, but to the average joe...it kinda is.  So anyway...he heard me.

At the park where we do our long runs there is a lady at the head of the driveway that has a hotdog cart.  When I was done with my run, all I wanted in LIFE was a screaming cold bottle of water.  If you had offered me $1000 or a cold bottle of water at that moment, I would have taken the water without hesitation.

So I walked to my car to grab some cash, and headed over to the hotdog cart.  The people with the Bassett Hound arrived at the cart at exactly the same moment as me.  Now, normal human etiquette would say that a casual, slow walker would say to the chick they know just ran 15 miles "hey...why don't you go first", right?  Oh no...not these a**holes.  They launch into a chatty order of "oh, can we get a hotdog for our dog, and can you cut it up for him so it isn't too hot", followed by "and can I get a hotdog with spicy mustard, and onions, and relish and kraut", followed by "and can my wife have a hotdog too with everything on it" and finally "what do you have to drink"?  HOLY SH*T people.  Do you not see me and my quickly cramping legs bouncing up and down, sweating like a criminal in a line up, and look like death?  Did you NOT just hear me say that I ran 15 miles?  HOLY SH*T...let me get a F*CKING bottle of water.

I swear, had the hotdog lady herself not been standing pretty much between me and Mr. Dumpy dog guy and his flipping wife...I would have CHOKED both of them.  I would have spared the dog.  Its not his fault his parents are a**holes.

*********************************
In other news, I got all my stuff organized and shopped for this weekend to make the new diet easier.  After one week on the new plan, I can actually feel a difference in my swelling.  In the humidity we have had around these parts this week, I should be painfully uncomfortable and swollen, and, I am not.  I want to give it 90 full days before I really assess it, but I am feeling hopeful that all the hassle and planning will be worth it.  I have 2 sessions with the lymphatic drainage massage this week too.

Also, I am down another 3 pounds as of this weekend.  I think the new diet will help with that as well.  I am now only 6 pounds away from my conservative goal, and I am about 2 months ahead of schedule.  I think my stretch goal which is 11 pounds away is actually quite achieveable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment