Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Who Wears Short Shorts?

Remember that stupid commercial for Nair back in the 90's?  Who wears short shorts...we wear short shorts...if you dare wear short shorts...Nair's for SHORT SHORTS!!!  Hot chicks with long, lanky and oh so smooth legs, prancing all over the beach in their short shorts...AAHHH the 90's!  They don't make quality commercials the way they used to.

Ok...enough flashback to the 90's.

So I explained a few posts back my issues with my legs...and the fact that I haven't worn shorts since high school (and high school was ABOUT 20 years ago).

Well, with loving pushes from both my sweet husband and my kick ass running buddy and BFF Nikki...I ran in a running skirt last night!!!

To all of you with normal legs who have been wearing shorts your whole life with no issues will totally not understand this...but it was SO emotional and SO hard.  I cried a little (ok maybe a lot).  My nerves were all over the place...but I did it.

Pauly said that my legs are not the "ax wound" I make them out to be.  Then he told me exactly what I needed to hear.  He said if he didn't know me and he saw me running or at a race, he probably wouldn't even notice.  PERFECT!  I would like to just blend...its why I don't wear flashy shirts that say "Run or Die" like Paul's skinny a** does.  He likes the flash and attention :-)  Me, not so much.

Nikki told me during the run that every car that drove by was chcking me out 'cause I looked THAT hot!  We also discussed the merit to me going for the slutty school girl look.  I need to find a plaid running skirt, and white compression knee socks...then rock it out in that and a sports bra (my upper body is pretty good) and that will TOTALLY distract everyone from looking at my legs.  GREAT plan Nikki.  I have a little shopping to do later today for my new "Brittany Spears, Bad Girl" runner look. 

And let me tell you people...HOLY SH*T did it feel good to not have hot, sweaty pants on my legs while running.  I felt lighter, free, and cool.  A nice breeze headed up your tush while your sweating is LOVELY!  Never felt that before :-)

Pauly - thanks for being my biggest fan and my biggest supporter.  You sent me links to like 10 places with cool running skirts this morning.  You told me I looked cute when I felt like crap, and I know you meant it.  I know you understand how I feel better than anyone.  I love you so much it makes my heart hurt!  Thanks for helping me take this really hard step.

Nikki - holy sh*t girl am I glad we became friends.  I can't think of anyone else, other than Paul that I would have felt comfortable enough to take this step with.  You were supportive enough and made fun of me enough to make the whole experience less painful than I made it out to be in my head.  You are a great running partner, and a great friend!!!

Rest of the world - do me a favor...if you see me out there, at a race, or wherever...just don't look at my legs on purpose.  I'm wearing shorts in the heat, so lets just let it go.  Let's just pretend it isn't a big deal, and lets just RUN!

(Don't lie...some of you were hoping I would post pics!!!  Get a grip on reality people...its a big enough step to WEAR the damn shorts...I'm not making a public display of it.  Just sayin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment