Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When The Hell Will It Be Fall?

OMG there is nothing like a hotter than hell run at freaking noon to make you feel slower than a herd of turtles.

GOOD GRAVY!

I need to get some things done tonight after work and don't have time to run so I planned to run during lunch today.  My super cool company put in a locker room with a shower, closet, etc. so I don't have to be a sweaty, stinky mess for the rest of the day.  Very convenient.

Yeah...except it is 95 and humid as hell out.  There were parts of this 3 mile run today that felt like I was running backwards.  I think I probably could've walked faster, but I was stubborn and still ran even though it was pathetic. 

I know it was just me being paranoid, but I swear everyone I ran past was looking at me with judging eyes thinking "HOLY CRAP she is running slow.  Wait...is she running, or is she standing still?".

It was bad.  I know that really they were just thinking "sh*t, I am standing here smoking a cigarette while waiting on line for a cheesteak from a cart and this chick is RUNNING...IN THIS HEAT"...but that is not how it felt.  I felt judged...it is what it is.

For a slow as sh*t runner the heat and humidy is like adding insult to injury.  It is scientifically proven that heat hinders performance.  Well I don't have much of a buffer in the "performance" department...I have none to spare.  A 6 minute mile person can drop to 8 minute miles and still be OK.  But when you are a 12 minute mile person, slowing from there is called WALKING.

All my best times are in the fall and early spring.  All my best FEELING runs are in fall and spring.  I even prefer running in 20 and 30 degree weather to running in the heat and humidity. 

When the F will fall be here so I can feel at least a LITTLE bit faster?

No comments:

Post a Comment