Friday, July 15, 2011

ULTRA!

Paul is running for 24 hours starting at 10am tomorrow and commencing at 10am on Sunday.
He is running the 20 in 24 Ultra in Philadelphia.
8.4 mile loops, one at a time, as many as he can complete in 24 hours. 
The goal is anything farther than 75 miles.
HOLY SH*T!

And I am staff!  My father, step-Mom and Hsin will join me as crew during the day.  Various pacers are scheduled to stop by to run laps with Paul and keep him company.  A few people are stopping by to keep me company.  I will be crew until we pack up our tired butts and head home on Sunday.

And I...SLOW AS SH*T runner that I am will be running my FIRST EVER distance longer than a half marathon...I am pacing Paul after the sun goes down for 2 laps, or approximately 17 miles.

HOLY SH*T again.

My slow pace will help Paul to take it easy so he can keep going throughout the night, but I am SH*TTING myself I am so nervous about this distance.  My legs are still tired from Vermont I swear, and my hip has been aching a bit all week.  13.1 miles feels like "only a little bit further than 10"...but 17 miles is "like almost 20 miles".  I also need to be support for Paul WHILE I hit this milestone AFTER crewing for over 12 hours AND at like 10pm.

Wish us luck.  Paul in his race...that he has the health, stamina and inner fortitude to run for 24 hours straight, and for me to have the health, stamina and inner fortitude to crew for 30+ hours and run 17 miles in the middle.

Check you later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment