Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's Up With That?

Is it just me...or do some of you out there like music while you run that you totally wouldn't listen to under any other circumstances?

So when I am not listening to a very cute voice in the backseat demanding we listen to the ABC's on cd in the car, my preference of music...classical - LOVE the cd "The Worlds Most Relaxing Classical Music".  It has all the classics, I find it extremely relaxing, calming, and just love it.  I was a dancer as a kid and teenager, and I played the violin for a while.  I'm actually LOVING the fact that Hsin loves it too and requests "princess" or "ballerina" music.

I also enjoy some radio music, some alternative music and 80's classics like Poison by Bel Biv Devo, Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice and some good old fashioned Michael Jackson like Bad and Dirty Diana.

Wanna know what I like to listen to when I run?  I mean what gets me fired the heck up, running a little bit faster (a slow girl can only push it so far regardless of musical inspiration), and giving every bit of sweat I have?




Eminem!

Yeah...that's right...angry, offensive, violent, kinda dirty Eminem!
While I'm running...LOVE IT!!!
At the end of a long run if I put on the song "Lose Yourself In the Music" I swear I can sprint for like a mile!  The just angry power in his music and running just go together for me.  I wish I could channel that sort of energy for longer than just a mile or so.  I might be able to be mediocre instead of crappy :-)

Put that sh*t on in my car when I'm not running though and I freaking HATE it!!!
I guess maybe I am slow and a little crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!! Ha ha, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I love your blog...I too run...S L O W. Just started running in April...doing my first 5K Saturday. Slowly, but doing it. :)

    Anyway, had to comment on this post because I LOVE Eminem's Lose Yourself...that song totally gets me running faster!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete