Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do These Sneakers Make Me Look Fast?

You know you all have done it...you size up the competition at a race.  You totally look around and see the skinny guy in the shorty shorts and tank top and think "that guy can totally kick my butt".  You see the tall, lanky, drop dead gorgeous chick and know she will smoke you.  You see the kinda dumpy, short and stumpy gal in the cut off sweatpant shorts and the old college t-shirt and know without a doubt you can leave her in the dust.

Then the race starts and you realize that "cut off sweatpants lady" is solid as a rock and steadily passes you and disappears somewhere ahead of you, "smoking hot chick" is nothing more than the girl who reads Cosmo on the ellipical at the gym while chatting with her BFF on her iPhone, so you blow past her at a speedy 12 minute per mile pace...and the skinny guy in the shorty shorts and tank top...well you were right about that guy...thats Paul and he CAN totally kick your butt.

Bottom line...you can't judge a book by its cover.  Just because someone "looks" like a runner, or "looks" fast doesn't mean sh*t when the gun goes off.  Some of the fastest runners I know, don't look a thing like Paul, but can actually leave him with a little dust in his face.

I am married to a crazy, running psycho.  Yeah, I said it.  Paul...you are straight up crazy.
And part of that package is that we as a family own a lot of running "stuff".  So when I show up to the start line I have on the sweat wicking, Under Armour tank top, the Oakley running sunglasses, the vented Adidas running pants, the CEP compression socks, and Newton sneakers.  I am decked out in some sweet running stuff.  Running is our family hobby...so yeah, we own some stuff.  Does it make me fast?  Uh, HELLO...did you miss the title of the blog!!!

So I'll see you at the start line.  Its the only part of the race where I may look like I can actually run faster than a herd of turtles.  Then, sometime after you have had a chance to drink a bottle of water, eat a hot dog, chat with some friends, hit the john and celebrate your PR at the finish line...I'll be finishing.  But, I still look fast...I've got THAT going for me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment