Wednesday, December 7, 2011

All Rest And No Running Make Heather A Crazy Person


I took a break after the Philly Marathon.  A good, long break.  No running AT ALL!  It felt really good on the one hand, but REALLY crappy on the other hand.  Running keeps me sane, it keeps me balanced and it keeps me from being a damn lunatic.  Yes, Pauly will tell you I have been a bit pissy these last 2 weeks, and Hsin-Hua will tell you that I have been a bit of an impatient Mom that has done my share of yelling in her general direction the last 2 weeks.

SORRY everyone I have wronged during this temporary break from reality.

GOOD NEWS...I ran this morning.  It was slow.  It was ugly.  And it was a very short run.  But it was a run.  I feel 10 pounds thinner, and I even feel like being nice today.  I might even hug a stranger (yeah, on second thought...f*ck that...I'm not that nice).

Yup, I got up at the crack of dawn and ran on the treadmill.  Not my favorite place to run, but I will run in rain, I will run in the cold, but I am not a fan of running in both rain and cold.  Since it was both this morning, my basement and a treadmill had to do.

It certainly helped the motivation that Nikki texted me at 5:30 to say she was getting on her elliptical.  How could I NOT get up if she was even if we weren't running together.  Thanks for the kick in the pants girl!

So Heather got her groove back this morning.  I even did 100 sit ups and a handful of push ups (I suck at these and have ZERO upper body strength...this is a goal for over the winter). 

This was a much needed break and it did feel good in its own way, but...Oh Running...I missed you much!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YA, GIRL!!!! :~)

    You don't realize how much YOU motivate ME!! I went to the gym today...just as you said, as much as I hate the rain/cold combo, I knew I HAD to go, so I ventured out anyway. Once I was there running (even if on the dreadmill!!), I felt GREAT!! We just have to keep THAT "feeling" in mind when we're having those "off" emotions.

    Happy that you're coming back around to your ol' cheery, happy self. Poor Hsin & Paul...haha!! ;~)

    Hope to see you guys soon!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...and I DIDN'T run today for the first time in months! I wonder how much endurance I'll lose. I decided not to eat today to offset my total lack of work ethic. I suck and hate myself. But I'm glad you had a nice run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER AND JO!

    OK - I gotsta add my 2 cents: Excuses are like Hmmmm?... bellybuttons... Hmmmmm?

    At a mere 63, only a mere 5 weeks out of bypass surgery... I enjoyed a rapid 8 mile walk on the local Schuylkill rail trail between Douglassville and Stowe... IN THE DRIZZLE/SPRINKLE/DRIPPING RAIN!!!... OUTSIDE!!!

    AND, IF YOU PROMISE TO KEEP IT QUIET... "I accidently slipped into a slow jog/trot/up on the pads/ quick step for about 1/2 mile. The legs thought they had died and gone to heaven.

    Oh, and by the way, expect to see this Bypass Surgery sympathy plug for some time to come... months???, maybe even years??? Hugs to all!!!

    ReplyDelete